Friday, November 13, 2009

National Adoption Month

 November has been named National Adoption month, which in all truthfulness must make November the coolest month out of the year. Adoption is such a wondrous thing and it is something that is a part of God's character. He adopts us based on the merit of Jesus' blood and it's the most precious thing to see the same concept played back on earth.

 Adoption is very near and dear to my heart for many reasons. One of them being that I am effected it every day from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. From saying good morning to my favorite little goobers to having a heart to heart conversation with my mom, to eating popcorn with my little sister, it's all around me. My sweet family makes every day adoption day and I love it that way.

 Another reason that it is near and dear to me is the fact that it's near and dear to God's heart. He has chosen to adopt us and make us His own, the most glorious thing! Not only that, but the Bible says repeatedly that God is the father of the fatherless and their protector. In our efforts to imitate the heart of God and become more like Him, we are to love, protect, and provide for the orphans in the world.

 So, because I feel that this is such an extremely important topic and because it is one that is so close to home (actually... in my home...) I want to put a focus on it this November for my blog. It's quite fitting that November is also seen as a month to prepare to give thanks, and one of the things I am most thankful for in my life is adoption. For without it I would not be who I am today.

 So grab a cup of tea (or coffee if you prefer) and get ready to hear me ramble on about adoption for the remainder of November. I'll be sharing both my family's story, and inviting some friends to share their stories. I hope you enjoy and come back to read more. Until next time, I leave you with a picture that I think captures true siblings; whether it's a blood or legal relation, it is still a connection of the heart.


Sam (now 19), Corina (now 12), and me (now 14) about eight years ago.

4 comments:

  1. So I'm guessing you'll ramble about how thankful you are for adoption in a couple weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably. :) Oh, but I want to ramble about some other things that I'm thankful for too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you mention "everyday" as adoption day in your home. I have two adopted siblings, and they've blessed my life. I might have to post about them this month too!

    Camden

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful~ I love that picture, shows love. :)

    God Bless you,
    Lauren Anne

    ReplyDelete