Friday, January 8, 2010

Chaos

 Chaos.

 That's one word to describe the insanity that these last three weeks have been. The first two weeks of Christmas break were stuffed full of celebrating Christmas, church events, hanging with my big bro, and time with friends. Then this last week I've technically not been of a break from school but was on "vacation" visiting my grandma in North Dakota (pictures to come later) and all I got done for school was one chapter in my history book. Epic fail there.

 Part of the reason for the craziness is that as of January 1st, my dad/family are official church planters for the EFCA. The last two weeks of December were full of "lasts" and my dad tying up loose ends and doing his best to finish well. Now we are going to be visiting five churches in the next four weeks (all of them about an hour or more away... which means early wake up calls on Sunday mornings) as part of our support raising. We are already amazed at what God is doing and even though we aren't exactly sure when our next official pay check is coming, we have a God who will provide.

 It's a terrifying yet breathtakingly exciting journey stepping out into the unknown, but God is with us. My dad preached on the 27th at Chisholm Baptist, probably for the last time, and he preached on Hebrews 11:32-40. He talked about how we as a family don't know if we are going to be in the group of people that stepped out in faith and conquered, or the group that was sawed in two. We prefer the former, but even if we end up in the latter, God still is faithful and the ending is up to Him.


 So that's what's going on right now, or at least part of it. What's next? Only God knows. But I'm going along for this crazy ride and holding on tight to the fact that He knows what He's doing. And attempting to stay my wacky self through all of it. But I doubt that will be a challenge. It may just make me even more insane, but that's fine with me.

(The picture is from my photography walk in chilly North Dakota this week. A tiny old town provides a lot of good photo opportunities and I'll share them with you soon.)

1 comment:

  1. Woww!!
    I'm so glad that even in the mids of the "chaos" the Shalom of God is Precent. Bless you sister. Hope to Keep Hearing your amazing historys full of encoragement, and to all so be here to engourage you also.
    Bless you in Jesus name.
    Our Creator and Savior.
    Shalom Alejem.

    P.S. Sorry if my english is not good. Englis is not my first lenguaje.

    ReplyDelete