Monday, April 26, 2010

Cousins + ND + Newish Camera = Awesome Shoot

 Over the years, friends come and go and for me, as I approach my eighth move of my life, that's especially true. I am a person a that makes friends easily, but over the years I haven't had too many that have been in the "best friend" category for very long. One of the exceptions to this is my amazing and awesome cousin Elyssa (or Sissy as we affectionately call her). 
 Being cousins and her being four years older, our memories go back to the very beginning. Playing store in my grandma's basement in North Dakota, pretending to be spies, more playing and pretending, watching Little Women around Christmas time curled up in our fuzzy PJs, late night giggling, walks around the tiny town my grandma lives in, getting candy and renting movies from the old grocery store, just being dorks... Elyssa and I have so many great memories. 
 Even though we are older and don't see each other as often as we like, when we are together it's truly like no time has gone by. We talk late into the night about the issues we are facing and what's been on our mind lately. We take goofy pictures and laugh and just hang out like we do it every day. This Easter her and her family were in ND and we had a ton of fun... and an awesome photoshoot! 
 (I would be putting these in a better order... but blogger is being a bit glitchy and I don't want to be here all day, so I'll just explain the photos as we go.)






 Some fun "model like" shots. :)

 I took a photo shoot with Sam too over the weekend. The vast open fields were just so picture perfect!
My mom took this shot of Nina... she's SO beautiful!

My amazing grandma and Corina... they both love pink, dolls, and Winnie the Pooh

 Elyssa, her sister Anna (my birthday buddy!), and Corina... I love these girls!

This shed provided us with such a nice backdrop!


 I think the wind added to the effect. 

 Sisterly love!

 "Look! No legs!"
 Salt and Pepper as they have always been known as. :)

 


 This is one of my favorites... I think they all turned out very well. 

 More pictures to come eventually! I actually have a hundred few more to go through and process still. I've been using Aperture on my dad's computer and while it's not as powerful as Photoshop or such, it's great for quick fixes. So stay tuned for more pictures and an update. 

3 comments:

  1. They're awesome, Olivia! Simply gorgeous. My favorites are the first three. Keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I recognize two of those people.... Lol. It'll be great to meet you in person at Elyssa's graduation!

    Camden

    John 17:23b (NIV)

    May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those photos are beautiful! I love the last one! Your cousin seems like so much fun! Me and my cousin, Nate (who's 14), have an awesome time together everytime we see each other, even though he's a boy. We get along really well, and he's like a brother to me. =)

    Love,
    Eldarwen

    ReplyDelete