Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pile of Coals

 No, I did not disappear from the world, though I did disappear from the blogosphere for the last several weeks.  I have not been idle though, oh my goodness I have been busy! I'll give you all a March recap after I get back from spending Easter in ND with the fam, but since my poor blog has been neglected, I felt that I should post a song that I wrote several weeks ago. 


 This song is basically my winter and what God has taught me during the last several months. It's a very personal one and I decided to post it after reading my friend Abigail's blog post where she echoes much of the same stuff that I've been going through. I hope you enjoy!


(V1)
Slowly it settled in
Like a fog over my heart
Carefully it seeped into my life unaware
I didn’t know – I didn’t expect
Yet here I am

(Pre Chorus)
I didn’t know I
Could feel this cold
The fire inside of me has grown old
Now what’s left is simply a pile of coals

(Chorus)
Passion – once upon a time
Had overtaken me
Now I’m left miles from where I want to be
Lord speak into my life
And revive this pile of coals

(V2)
Lord I need the passion
Infused into my veins
Complacency – has overtaken me
Save me from my apathy

(Bridge like thing)
Now I’m right back to the beginning
Under the shadow of Your cross
Only here will I feel that fire
Only here can I be revived
This small pile of coals
(Copyright 2010)

6 comments:

  1. You're back! I like the song :) And I'm glad that it was very personal to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful song, Olivia! You are so very talented with words. :) I think it's absolutely wonderful to see talents used for the glory of Christ. You have such a moldable heart, and I can constantly see Jesus in you. :)

    Love you girly! (looking forward to that email!) :)))
    --Ab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, another song! I like it a lot!
    Have a great Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song flows sooo beautifully. :)
    I hope that if you create a melody to go with it that you'll share it.

    Love from a Daughter,
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome lyrics. In general, my friends are surprised when I tell them that I like both some classical and some hard rock songs. The truth is, the melody of the song is just the outer shell of it; what really makes the songs is the lyrics IN the song. In your case, these are awesome lyrics. =)

    Camden

    Psalm 33:3

    Sing to him a new song;
    play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! You've been tagged! The questions are at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete