Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Four Random Facts



 I wonder when the first time I was asked so say a few random things about myself was... and I wonder how easy it was as well. Of course there is difficulty in thinking of something, but when no one has heard the random things before you can say almost anything and it could be random. But eventually you have to start repeating yourself when it comes to random things. Yet I sit here tonight attempting to not do exactly that. Behold, here are four random things about me... and hopefully they are original.

  1. My athletic skillz are seriously lacking. See that blurred image trying to catch a Frisbee and the girl swinging at the invisible ball? Yeah, that's me. I've tried the whole sports thing, I was in soccer for awhile in elementary school and tried volleyball in 6th grade. Let's just say I'll stick to being an artist.  
  2. I have an accent and it's getting stronger all the time. Most of you don't know what a Northern Minnesotan accent is so let me explain... no... you have to hear it to understand. If you want to hear it just watch the movie New In Town for a over-exaggerated (but sometimes freakishly accurate) Minnesotan accent. Mine is typically pretty subtle but man, I can do a mean strong one when I feel like it yeah sure ya betcha! 
  3. My favorite TV show is Arthur. I seriously LOVE that show even when my siblings aren't watching it! Before Sam went off to school last fall, we sat down and watched the episode that the Backstreet Boys were in and we were reminded that it's the best show ever. In general I'm a PBS girl... I love Cyber Chase, The Electric Company, Master Piece Theater (am I sounding a bit more grown up now?), and the majority of the shows on there. I love having little kids around so I have a good excuse to watch them. 
  4. I'm working on a special photography project this summer... but *whispers* it's a secret for now. It's really a set of photos that I'm working on taking and putting together, but I'm super excited to start some hardcore work on it. You all will definitely get to check it out when it's done though!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! I can't wait to find out what your photography project is! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool facts! I've never been much of an athlete myself, but I'm trying to expand my sports skills. We'll see where that goes this summer....

    I know about the Minnesoooootan accent, but it's hard to find anyone with a north accent anywhere below the Cities. Born in Iowa, I can honestly say that I don't have an accent (though I can do about four different accents myself!).

    As for Arthur and Photography, I remember watching a ton of Arthur as a kid, but I don't have much time for aardvark families anymore. =( Photography is fun though, especially once you learn how to mess with stuff in the photo!

    Camden

    I wonder if Paul ever spoke with a Northern Minnesota accent?:

    Acts 2:6

    And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered, because each one was hearing them speak in his own language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no athletic ability whatsoever as well (Unless you count Wii Sports ;)).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    I love your blog! It is so pretty! Did you design it yourself? I found your blog from Aspire. Your welcome to stop by my blog at pure4him.blogspot.com! God bless.

    ReplyDelete