Saturday, June 5, 2010

3 Original Songs!

 Today I have 3 VERY exciting videos to show you.... 




This is a song that I wrote just this afternoon that I really like. I understand that it's shaky still (especially vocally) but I felt compelled to share it. It really just deals with what God has been laying on my heart lately (or at least part of what He's been saying to me). I've just felt so much being laid on my heart just in the last few days and it's been such an answer to prayer. So this is basically my reaction to that.
Lyrics are as follows:


I am in awe of your mercy
You have spoken grace over me
I am at a loss for words
You have given me more then I deserve

Perfect love casts all fear out
Perfect love sets captive free
Perfect love is the gift that You’ve given me

Speaking softly speaking plain
You sing heaven’s sweet refrain
Further up and further in
To Your very presence

Lovely lovely
Pour it all down at your feel
Holy Holy
You judge righteously





"Clay Man" is a song I co-wrote with my dear friend Channyn the same day we did our photo shoot. I am so happy with this song and love it to death! She did a great job with the lyrics and I was happy with how the melody/music turned out. I am finding that I absolutely LOVE to collaborate on songwriting. It gives some variation from what I would normally do.


Lyrics:
Breath into me the breath of life
Shape me to Your imagination
Wet down my clay and let the old me melt
Then pick up the pieces and let me try again with You

Oh I once was a hollow clay man
Living without a soul
But then You wet me down and reformed me by Your breath
Oh I once was a hollow clay man

One day I was roaming around the road
Aimlessly searching for something to take off my load
You pulled me over and shared with me a secret
You told me I was ill



Oh and I'm sure you are now quite sick of hearing me sing... but... just in case you can take one more song... 



"Over Now" is another one that I wrote a month or two ago that doesn't really take any explanation. Here are the lyrics: 

My white flag is raised
All my shots have been shot
I’ve even tried to run away
The battle’s been faught
The war has been won
Every once of me overrun

Nothing more left to do
Then lift my hands up and admit that it’s over
It’s over – it’s over now – yeaaaah
I give up – I confess
That I’ve lost this war that’s been raging
And all of my walls are knocked down and it’s over now

I knew I’d never win
That you remain undefeated
But I thought that I’d be different
Yet here I am crushed and broken
Why did I dare run away?
Defy the holy?
Cause I melt like putty in your hands
Those hands that made me 

2 comments:

  1. those songs are awesome! my favorite is "over now".
    btw, your blog design is presh! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Narnia reference in your first song :) -Esther

    ReplyDelete