Thursday, June 3, 2010

SUMMER!!

 It's official.... it's SUMMER!!! Oh, I can't tell you how excited I am about the fact that it's FINALLY here! The only thing that keeps me sane during Minnesotan winters is the wondrous hope of summer. The hope that eventually the snow will melt, school shall end, camp shall come, and I get to witness Northern MN during the most beauteous time of the year!
See what I mean??! (Photo credit goes to my dad)

 So what are my summer plans? Well there are sure a lot of them so I'll go in chronological order.
 June - this next week is our orchestra day string camp. The next 2 weeks I'll be at Camp Sa-Kee-Sa both for their Teen Serve week and Jr. Counseling the second week. Then it's on to Deeper Life Bible Camp where my dad will be speaking and I'll be attending. (And add onto everything play practice...) 
 July - I have plans to do ministry with Youth For Christ during the first part of July, working under the girl's ministry director who is also part of our church plant. Also play practice, play practice, and play performance!  That'll basically be my July. (As well as my brothers getting adopted!) 
 August - Some rest, some working with YFC, church launch prep, having my girl cousins come and stay while the guys go camping, and Sam back off to school. 
Also, hopefully add a move somewhere in there.


 And then summer is over. :( I know it's going to fly by crazy fast, but I'll enjoy it while I can. I already am enjoying it! The wonderful weather, wonderful friends, and wonderful God is going to make this summer... well... wonderful!
Kicking off the summer with a Bible Study hangout involving Frisbees, s'mores, and chickens. I'm looking forward to spending much of my summer with these friends. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going to have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hey....you've got your summer all planned out! Good for you! My "to do" list for this summer goes something like this:

    1. .....uuummmmm....
    2.

    Yup...that's it. lol. :D

    Have fun enjoying your Minnesotan summer! ^_^
    Love you,
    --Ab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minnesotan winters are SO cold. We Minnesooooootans are toughies. It's always nice in the summer though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know anyone could love summer as much as I do!! I love it dearly, and the week leading up to the last day of school is possibly the most exciting week for me EVER.
    YAY FOR SUMMER!

    ReplyDelete