Tuesday, February 2, 2010

$10 Prom - My Epic Dress

 At Chisholm Baptist, the church that my dad has been the associate pastor at for the last five years up until this January, every year they have a fun non romantic/couple formal. But there's a catch... you can't spend more then $10 on your outfit. 

 Of course this results is some absolutely outrageous outfits from Goodwill and old dress up boxes. Sometimes people step out of even those bounds and make their outfits... in the past there have been suits and dresses out of duct tape, carpet, newspaper, and my bro has made a suit out toilet paper last year (that didn't hold up so well...). Well I decided to follow in my big bro's footsteps and made my dress out of garbage bags.


 It was actually pretty simple to do with a pair of scissors and some safety pins and that was really all I needed. It was also very, very fun to do! I tried a few different ideas, and this was the one that I finally went with. It held up pretty well and it was decently comfortable as well. All in all, I loved it and thought it was an epic success. 
Bowling shoes just totally made the outfit complete

7 comments:

  1. Oh, don't you look just GORGEOUS! hahaha. XD So classic.

    By the way...no, we're not playing Fiddler on the Roof music in orchestra. As a matter of fact...I'm not even sure they would do anything besides your typical classical. :( I love classical music--don't get me wrong--but I REALLYREALLYREALLYREALLY wish that we could do something a bit less traditional. Oh well though...

    You should get a video of your orchestra sometime so that I can hear y'all! :)

    Love ya!
    --Ab

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOVE the dress! Gorgeous! That'll be the new style. ;)

    Love & Blessings,

    --Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH thats great! haha too cute! Great job...I never would have thought of trash bags!

    Blessings
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!! you look sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! The blowing shoes definitely complete the look! I love this idea!! Sounds like a ton of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you look beautiful in that dress.

    ReplyDelete