Saturday, May 15, 2010

Channyn Shoot

 I blogged a few weeks ago about God's faithfulness in providing me friends and today I want to introduce one of those friends to you all. My beautiful friend Channyn is one that I've made through the Bible study I've been involved in and she also goes to our sister E Free church. As I've got to know her over the last few months, I've definitely found a good friend in this zanny, short, artistic girl.

 What first made me go up and introduce myself to Channyn was her personal story. She has gone through different struggles through her life, but in the midst of it, it's so cool to see God's faithfulness to her through it all and how her past has made her stronger. She has such a heart for God and for people and it inspires me. Last summer she went to Germany for a class trip and saw a homeless woman there and since then she's felt a burden on her heart for the homeless of Germany. Her dream is to go and be homeless in Germany, ministering to the people by being God's love to them.

 So partly because of all this, I suggested we do a little photo shoot. Some of these may be used for her senior pictures next year, but the purpose was mostly artistic. I wanted to find someone I could use as a model for some concepts I had in mind and knowing Channyn's story, she worked perfectly. Also, it was interesting from a photographer's perspective working with someone who was so incredibly short! Channyn is 4'9" so it made it really interesting and truthfully really fun.

 So without further ado.... here are a few of the pictures!
We were so excited to find a "Channyn size" door in the downtown area!








Channyn just went and grabbed a dandelion to hold and it was absolutely perfect! She's definitely a natural.

See? Doesn't it just fit?

 We found this red shed and it just screamed country rustic, but it was in an alley in downtown. 

Now we get into our more artistic, deeper meaning ones. If you can't read the notecard it says, "I AM" and the rest of the pictures are the completion to that sentence. 

Forgiven

Redeemed


FREE!


Loved <3

So this isn't the usual spelling of the word "Hosanna" but I do believe it is a legit alternative spelling. But misspellings are just what happen when you put 2 poets that can't spell together!




I'm pretty sure we DID spell this one right. ;)




After the weight of those intense, serious pictures we just had to go and lighten the mood a bit. 

 


 And that wraps up the highlights of the shoot! Also, I just want to ask you all to pray for Channyn right now. She's dealing with some serious medical issues and the doctors are in the process about finding out what's wrong and how to treat it. We're all hoping it's nothing that the doctors can't fix easily, but please pray for healing for her! 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, Olivia! The last 2 are probably my faves, but they're all great. :) What a neat story! It's so awesome to meet interesting people who can inspire us. It's funny, I also have a friend who's 4' 9". (Olivia...of whom you know, but possibly didn't know the height. lol.) I'm DYING to have a photo shoot with her, but haven't had the opportunity thus far. We have tons of fun and some deep and awesome conversations when we get to hang out though. :)

    Thanks for sharing the pics! I really enjoyed looking through them!
    Love ya!
    --Ab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Thank you, Olivia, for sharing these. And, Channyn! I wish I knew you! I can tell from the photos that you're an encourager!

    I'm enjoying your posts, Olivia. Keep it up!

    Friendship seems to be an elusive element in my life. I'm encouraged by your post.

    ReplyDelete