Sunday, April 11, 2010

March Recap

 When I told you all I would try to get a March recap post up soon after we got back from spending Easter with family in North Dakota, I had no clue what a crazy week was in store! The stomach flu, house showing, my bro's 2nd birthday, a wedding, more sickness... add onto that we spent three days driving 4+ hours with little kids and needless to say, blogging has not been my top priority. Thankfully now after getting back late from the cities last night, I'm sitting at my breakfast bar downing the second cup of coffee (yay!) and wearing my awesome Crown College sweatshirt and feeling ready to write a post.

 March was a pretty busy month, but a fun one as well. Starting with church planting news... we have our first Cross Hill Community Church Bible study currently going on Biblical Peacemaking. We are meeting Sunday evenings at a church in Virginia and having a potluck every week after Bible study. God is really doing some great things and it's so exciting to see Him work. Lord willing, we will be holding public services starting this fall. Please continue to pray for us!

 Now, can you guess what THESE pictures mean?!?!?!
 That's right!!! I got a beautiful new Nikon D5000 which is absolutely awesome and I absolutely love! His name is Clarence and the story of how I got him is a little long for this post, but we'll just say it was a mixture of saving and planning and a last minute decision. I'm very happy with my choice and I love having a DSLR.


 On March 19th I had to deal with the crazy feelings of having my ity bity sister Corina (Nina) become a *gulp* teenager! It's so weird to think that May marks 9 years with this precious girl as my beautiful sister. I love her SO much and despite the struggles of having a sister that is mildly mentally handicapped, I wouldn't trade it for the world. (We went to Duluth and spent the day painting pottery at this awesome place called the Pottery Burn with some long time friends then mom, Nina and I went shopping.)
 


 Then my brother, one of his best friends, and I embarked upon a wonderful journey to CHICAGO! Yes it was a lovely time visiting a friend that goes to Wheaton college and seeing the city. We listened to Frank Sinatra, ate deep dish pizza, saw the Lincoln Park Zoo, rode public transportation, saw a snow covered bean, played lots of games, saw the writing desks of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien and the wardrobe that inspired The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, had good chats, and went to a fantastic improve show put on by some Wheaton students. The only problem is that it was only one weekend.

 Also, on top of normal craziness... I was in a play at the Mesabi Community and Technical College for which we did 10 (yes, TEN!) performances of our play The Mysterious Case of the Missing Ring the last weekend/week of March. It was a children's play so we did tons of school performances including 3 travelling shows. It made life pretty crazy driving twenty miles to thrice a week play practices and ten performances, but I was able to build some great relationships in the Virginia area and had a good time. I was an old Chinese woman who quotes random proverbs and man, that was such a hard accent!! But it was a growing experience and that was good for me.

 We also got the last of our adoption paperwork filed! For those of you who don't know, we are in process of adopting two beautiful boys (2 as of Thursday and 3 1/2) domestically through foster care. Since they are still foster care children technically, I can't post pictures yet but just wait. These are the two most adorable boys ever (of course I'm not biased at all). They have been "ours" in spirit for a long time now but soon they will be ours legally and that's so exciting! March also marks 1 year of having them in our home. :)

 I also finished the 40 Days of Water with Blood:Water Mission and it was absolutely fantastic time and I have come away with a brand new appreciation of beverages that I before took for granted like milk and coffee. God has blessed me so much and it was a great experience giving up one of the blessings for a chance to bless others.

 That is all at this time and I hope you feel a little better knowing that I have a good reason for not keeping you updated. I have some post ideas brewing currently in my mind and I hope that I'll be posting more in the next month. I can't make any promises though. Every single weekend this month I have stuff going on and I have tons of school to catch up on, but I am still so thankful for my amazing readers! God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. wow, Oliva! what a busy month! your sister Corina is so pretty! I love the Wheaton College campus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOO! I'm tired just reading that. lol! :) Sounds like a busy, but exciting month! Love the pics of you and Corina. Speaking of which...congrats on your new camera! I'll bet that's been super fun for you. Oh, and I'm SO excited to see your new brothers! ^_^ Cecily turned 14 this last weekend, so I totally know how you feel. It's always scary when you see little sissy growing up. Exciting too though, right? ;)

    Looking forward to more posts! I always miss you when you don't blog.

    Love ya!
    --Ab

    ReplyDelete